Today, in the latest TWAB, Bungie detailed new changes they can expect within the coming weeks. Chief among those new implementations is the long-awaited transmog system players have been asking for, armor synthesis.
In order to use this system, Guardians will actually need to put in a fair amount of work once it is introduced. Below is the exact steps that Bungie detailed players will need to take to convert their armor appearance into Universal Armor Ornaments:
- Defeat enemies to earn Synthstrand.
- Spend Synthstrand on bounties to earn Synthcord.
- Convert Synthcord at the Loom in the Tower into Synthweave.
- Use Synthweave to convert an unlocked armor appearance (Legendary quality or lower) from Collections into a Universal Armor Ornament.
As soon as players earn 150 Synthstrand by defeating enemies, they’ll then be able to visit Ada-1 to unlock class-specific bounties that’ll earn them more Synthcord.
There will be five categories of Armor Synthesis bounties in Destiny 2: Vanguard, Crucible, Gambit, Destinations, or Raids and Dungeons. The exact bounties you can expect are as followed:
- Complete playlists strikes using specific subclasses.
- Accumulate points in Nightfall strikes.
- Capture zones in Crucible Control matches.
- Complete Crucible matches and defeat opponents using specific damage types as a team.
- Send and defeat blockers in Gambit.
- Defeat Primeval Envoys, high value targets and Primevals in Gambit.
- Defeat Nightmares on any destination or in Nightmare Hunts.
- Defeat bosses while defending the Blind Well within the Dreaming City.
- Raids and Dungeons
- Complete the final encounter of any Raid or Dungeon.
- Generate Orbs of Power in raids or dungeons.
We will know more about the process once Armor Synthesis is officially in the game, including an entire event devoted to it that lets players earn additional Synthweave per class. For more information, be sure to check out the full blog post.
- Destiny 2 Guardian Games Ends Early With Hunters Winning
- The Sun Will Not Rise When Destiny 2’s Season of the Splicer Begins; New Content Revealed
- Latest Destiny 2 TWAB Goes Over a Host of Weapon Archetype & Perk Buffs; Confirms No Exploring Venus Next Season
- Destiny 2’s 2021 Guardian Games Unveiled With New Trailer & Info
- New Destiny 2 Proving Grounds Strike Drops Alongside New Trailer