Over the past few days, new rumors about a potential Switch port of Borderlands 3: Director’s Cut had surfaced. This came off the back of players noticing that the game was listed for the Switch on the Pegi ratings board. It made sense, too; the rest of the series was on Switch, why not this one?
However, it looks like the rumor is just that: a rumor. Since the Pegi listing, 2K has since confirmed that Borderlands 3 is not, in fact, coming to the Nintendo Switch. This was confirmed by Gamespot writer Gabe Gurwin, who’d spoken with a 2K rep.
Of course, it’s entirely possible that they’re still planning on a Switch port for the future, and it’s possible that they’re just holding off on announcing it till E3 in a couple of months. For the time being, the Switch has been removed from the game’s Pegi listing.
Borderlands 3 is now available on PC and consoles.
- PS Now Adds Marvel’s Avengers, Borderlands 3, & The Long Dark in April
- Borderlands 3’s Show Me The Eridium Event is Live, New DLC Incoming
- Borderlands 3 Director’s Cut DLC Delayed Due to Texas Weather Issues
- Borderlands 3 Director’s Cut Gets Release Date; New Features Detailed
- Second Borderlands 3 Arms Race Mini-Event Goes Live Today