Among Us was one of the biggest video game hits that went viral during the quarantine period last year, and developing studio InnerSloth is continuing to support it with updates. We all know that the brand new airship map is coming next week, but this big update also introduces a new accounts system to help players with reporting and moderation.
Over at the official Among Us blog, the devs have stated that they plan on implementing a friends system and allowing users to transfer their cosmetics to different devices in the future. But for starters, here’s what you can expect from the accounts system next week.
All players have to create an account to freely choose and change their usernames, and only players with accounts will be able to report other users for bad behavior. In addition to that, creating an account is also mandatory if you want to use the free chat functions, while guest users will be limited to quick chat (with preset responses and lines) for safety.
Here are the full details:
- You will be able to report if someone in the game is acting inappropriately, including: inappropriate names, inappropriate chat, cheating/hacking, and harassment/misconduct. Consequences can range from temporary to permanent bans (including alternate accounts).
- Note that reports will be read by people (not bots!) and you will need to provide a reason as to why you are reporting.
- No linking of multiple accounts yet (Steam account is only on Steam, Epic account is only on Epic, etc.) It’ll be coming soon though.
- You must create an account to access free chat (without it you will have to use Quick Chat for safety!)
- You must create an account to freely change your display name. If you do not create an account, there will be randomized names you can choose from.
- Usernames are not exclusive. Multiple people can have the same username. (So if you take the username “PuffballsUnited”, other people can still use “PuffballsUnited”.)
- If you are under the minimum age of digital consent in your country (for most countries 13 is the minimum age), you have to get a parent/guardian’s permission to access free chat (which then allows you to create an account), or change your display name.
- Without an account (or if you’re a minor who doesn’t want to ask your parent/guardian for approval), you can still play via Guest Mode. This locks you to Quick Chat and doesn’t allow you to change your name other than with a randomly generated name.
- A corresponding Code of Conduct will be available on our website that outlines the expectations for our community and consequences.
Among Us is now available on PC and mobile devices, and the new airship update will be dropping next week.
- Among Us Airship Map Now Available; Dev Details Future Features
- Among Us Airship Map Gets Release Date; Slated for the End of March
- Among Us Dev Reveals What’s Next For Game, Development Challenges
- Among Us Has Already Hit the Top of the Switch eShop Charts After Just One Day of Being Released
- Among Us Releases on Nintendo Switch Later Today