If you’re looking to complete the Fortnite Chapter 2 Season 6 week 1 challenges, you’re going to need to get to grips with crafting. Crafting is overhauled in the new season, allowing players to use Animal Bones, Mechanical Parts and Meat to craft all manner of new weapons and items. In this guide, we’ll talk you through how to craft weapons in Fortnite, so you can complete the challenges and kit-out your loadout.
How to Craft Weapons in Fortnite
To craft any weapon or item in Fortnite, simply open your inventory by pressing Up on the d-pad on consoles, or pressing I on PC.
Now, select the ‘Crafting’ tab on the window that appears.
You should now see a list of weapons and items that you can craft/ upgrade. These will also list any crafting materials, such as Animal Bones and Mechanical Parts and how many of them you’ll need to craft the weapon or item selected.
As long as you’ve got the required materials, simply press X on Xbox One, Square on PlayStation, Y on Switch or E on PC to craft the weapon or item.
A quick 3-second animation will then play out of your character crafting the item, before it appears in your inventory.
All manner of different weapons and items can be crafted in Fortnite by combining different items.
For example, combining 6 Grenades with a Mechanical Bow can make a Mechanical Explosive Bow, which launches three small bombs on impact.
That’s everything you need to know on how to craft weapons and items in Fortnite. For more tips, tricks and guides, head over to our wiki, search for Twinfinite, or check out more of our coverage on the game below.
- Fortnite’s Radio Stations Are Being Interrupted by a Mysterious Message
- Horizon Zero Dawn’s Aloy Is Coming to Fortnite With Her Own LTM (Updated)
- Fortnite 16.20 Update Adds New Bows, Vehicle Mods & Princess Fishstick Skin
- Fortnite Chapter 2 Season 5’s Event Was a Reminder of Just How Far the Game’s Come
- Square Enix Celebrates Tomb Raider Anniversary with Survivor Trilogy Bundle, Fortnite Crossover, & Cookbook