Call of Duty: Modern Warfare and its battle royale counterpart Warzone will receive an update on Tuesday, March 30 that significantly reduces the file size of both games.
According to the Season 2 Reloaded announcement post, the update will reduce Warzone’s file size by 11-14 GB by itself and between 30-34 GB with both Warzone and Modern Warfare installed depending on the platform:
- PlayStation 5: 10.9 GB (Warzone Only) / 30.6 GB (Warzone and Modern Warfare)
- PlayStation 4: 10.9 GB (Warzone Only) / 30.6 GB (Warzone and Modern Warfare)
- Xbox Series X / Xbox Series S: 14.2 GB (Warzone Only) / 33.6 GB (Warzone and Modern Warfare)
- Xbox One: 14.2 GB (Warzone Only) / 33.6 GB (Warzone and Modern Warfare)
- PC: 11.8 GB (Warzone Only) / 30.6 GB (Warzone and Modern Warfare)
While Call of Duty: Modern Warfare has allowed players to remove individual modes like Campaign and Special Ops to decrease file size, Warzone itself has pushed to almost 100 GB and would reach 150 GB with just Modern Warfare multiplayer also installed.
Activision said the optimizations will lead to smaller update sizes in the future, though the March 30 update will be larger than usual. Warzone players on PlayStation consoles can expect a 52 GB download, 57.2 download on Xbox consoles, 52.4 GB for Warzone on PC, and 133.6 GB for having both Warzone and Modern Warfare for PC.
- Call of Duty Warzone Season 3 Trailer Showcases Verdansk 84 Map With the Help of Celebrities
- Call of Duty: Black Ops Cold War and Warzone Adds New Weapons, Events, and More for Season 3
- Call of Duty Warzone Is Seemingly Teasing Its Nuke Event for Next Week
- Latest Wave of Bans Hit 30,000 Cheaters in Call Of Duty: Warzone
- Can You Match These Call of Duty Levels to Their Game? Take This Quiz to Find Out