Call of Duty Black Ops: Cold War Season 2 officially kicks off tomorrow, Feb. 25 at 1pm ET, but its new Zombies mode, Outbreak, can be played right now.
The Season 2 update — titled 1.012 — dropped this morning, weighing in at around 17 GB on PS5, and about 7 GB on Xbox consoles.
After downloading the update, players simply need to take their console offline. You can do this by using the ‘Go Offline’ option on Xbox in your Network Settings, or simply disconnecting your Ethernet cable/ forgetting your Wi-Fi network.
Then log into Black Ops Cold War, head to Zombies, and go on the ‘Find Games’ tab. You’ll now be able to select the ‘Outbreak’ mode alongside Die Maschine and Firebase Z.
You’ll be able to choose between Alpine, Golova, and Ruka when selecting Outbreak, which are the different areas of the Ural mountains where the mode takes place.
For those unfamiliar, Outbreak is a new, large-scale zombies mode where players will “explore designated regions around the Ural Mountains and assist Requiem’s other divisions in completing their objectives as their most elite strike team. Completing an objective then lets you exfil out to safety, or take on increasingly difficult objectives.”
You can check out the official trailer for Outbreak below.
Call of Duty Black Ops: Cold War’s Season 2 update is live now on Xbox, PlayStation and PC, and Season 2 will go live officially, tomorrow at 1pm ET.
- Black Ops Cold War & Warzone Season 2 Content Fully Detailed
- Black Ops Cold War Season Two Intro Cinematic Teases New Operator & Weapons
- Firebase Z Arrives in Call of Duty: Black Ops Cold War’s New Patch, Along With Other Tweaks
- New Zombies Map Announced Early for Call of Duty: Black Ops Cold War
- Ranked Play Is Still Coming to CoD: Black Ops Cold War