Mojang Studios announced that the next expansion for its Minecraft spinoff Minecraft Dungeons will be called Flames of the Nether and release at the end of February.
The Flames of the Nether expansion will offer six new missions featuring “familiar” biomes that will take players “on a journey to the blazing heart of the Nether itself.” Players will be able to earn new artifacts, weapons, and gear with two new hero skins and a Baby Ghast pet from the new expansion.
Coming alongside the paid expansion will be a free update for all Minecraft Dungeons players. The update will add a new feature called Ancient Hunts, which are “procedurally-generated end-game missions that weave in and out of the Nether.”
The Ancient mobs within these missions offer “top-tier Gilded gear” and players can earn the new Gold currency from these missions which will be used for the new Piglin merchant in the player’s camp. The free update will also make changes to the Apocalypse Plus difficulty settings.
The Flames of the Nether expansion and the free update will be coming to Minecraft Dungeons on Feb. 24 for Windows 10 PC, Xbox One, PlayStation 4, and Nintendo Switch. The expansion will be part of the game’s season pass or can be purchased separately.
- Minecraft Caves & Cliffs Update Part 1 Gets a New Trailer to Celebrate Release
- Minecraft Gets New Video About Caves & Cliffs Update; Info on The Future Coming at Minecraft Live 2021
- Minecraft Caves & Cliffs Update Part 1 Finally Gets a Release Date
- New Minecraft Caves & Cliffs Video Introduces The Goat, Axolotl, & Glow Squid
- New Minecraft Video Shows Off The New Blocks in Caves & Cliffs Update Part 1