The Machete is a new weapon that players can unlock for use in both Call of Duty Black Ops: Cold War’s multiplayer, as well as the standalone Battle Royale experience, Warzone. Cold War’s Machete isn’t just unlocked from the get-go, or by reaching a certain Tier on the Season 2 Battle Pass like the FARA 83 and LC10, so we’ll run you through how to unlock it.
The Machete’s in-game description reads: “Manufactured from a durable steel blade tempered to maximum toughness to resist chipping and breaking. Popular in many tropical countries as both a weapon and an agricultural tool.
How to Unlock the Machete in Black Ops Cold War Season 2
To unlock the Machete, you need to ‘Earn a Back Stabber medal in 15 different matches.’
A Back Stabber medal is awarded when you perform a melee kill from behind. We’d advise using something like the Combat Knife as your secondary weapon. With this equipped, try and use paths to get behind your enemy and catch them off-guard.
You won’t get a Back Stabber medal if you perform a finishing move. To stop yourself from accidentally triggering a finishing move, you’ll want to press your action button when standing behind the enemy. This will cause you to swipe with your knife and kill the enemy, rather than triggering the finishing move animation.
That’s everything you need to know on how to unlock the machete in Black Ops Cold War Season 2 for Warzone and multiplayer. For more tips, tricks and guides on the game, head on over to our wiki, search for Twinfinite, or check out more of our coverage on the game below.
- Call of Duty: Black Ops Cold War and Warzone Adds New Weapons, Events, and More for Season 3
- You Can Play Black Ops Cold War’s New Zombies Mode, Outbreak, a Day Early
- Black Ops Cold War & Warzone Season 2 Content Fully Detailed
- Black Ops Cold War Season Two Intro Cinematic Teases New Operator & Weapons
- Firebase Z Arrives in Call of Duty: Black Ops Cold War’s New Patch, Along With Other Tweaks