Red Dead Redemption 2 won the 2020 Game of the Year award against nominees Death Stranding, Doom Eternal, Fall Guys, and Hades. While the game originally launched on PlayStation 4 and Xbox One in 2018, it was released for PC in November 2019 and missed the cutoff to be eligible for The Steam Awards 2019.
The game also won the Outstanding Story-Rich Game award against Detroit: Become Human, Mafia: Definitive Edition, Metro Exodus, and Horizon Zero Dawn Complete Edition.
Valve’s own Half-Life: Alyx won VR Game of the Year and 2012’s Counter-Strike: Global Offensive won the Labor of Love award, which include games that have been supported with updates and new content post-launch.
Fall Guys: Ultimate Knockout won the Better With Friends award, Death Stranding won Most Innovative Gameplay, Apex Legends won Best Game You Suck At, Ori and the Will of the Wisps won Outstanding Visual Style, and Doom Eternal won Best Soundtrack.
The Sims 4 won the Sit Back and Relax award. Though the game launched in 2014 for Electronic Arts’ Origin PC launcher, it was released for Steam last June.
Steam is currently running its annual Winter Sale until Tuesday, Jan. 5, and includes discounts on most of The Steam Awards’ winners and nominees.
- 4 Golden Week Steam Sale Games You’d Be Crazy Not to Pick Up
- NieR: Automata’s Steam Version Is Finally Getting a Patch, 4 Years After its Release
- New Blue Reflection Games Announced: Blue Reflection TIE For PS4, Switch, & Steam; SUN For Mobile & PC
- Bubble Bobble 4 Friends is Coming to Steam
- Sonic The Card Game Announced; Will Be Developed By Steamforged Games