For the first time in years, Blizzard is finally making some big changes to the Battle.net launcher. While the update has been in beta testing for a while now, it’s finally ready for its full release, the it’s begun rolling out to parts of North America.
Here’s what you can expect from the new update:
- Improved navigation and layout—you can now favorite your games and arrange them for ease of access
- A much more expansive layout for news and game content in full-page view
- A revamped social pane so you can better see your friends and what they’re up to on each game tab
- Major accessibility improvements—we’ve added the ability to navigate most of the app with your keyboard, increased our screen reader support, and improved the color contrast
- A new, consolidated notifications hub for messages and download status
The main goal of the update is to ensure that users have a much smoother and easier time navigating through the interface, and Blizzard promises that they’ll continue to improve and iterate upon the launcher changes going forward.