Today on The Game Awards live stream, the first gameplay trailer for the PS5 title Returnal was revealed. This roguelike title from Housemarque, most well-known for Resogun, apparently is still scheduled to come out next year.
In the gameplay trailer, we see combat against otherworldly monsters that want to do nothing more than to kill the main character. There appears to be a number of puzzles along with plenty of guns to just brute force your way through enemies.
Also striking about this trailer are the vibrant colors. The environments and backgrounds appear to be a dark canvas for the bright and eye-catching attacks launched by the main character as well as the enemies in Returnal. One can only imagine how beautiful these scenes will look in HDR.
On top of the roguelike part of the game, there also appears to be a bullet hell component. Many enemies launch a flurry of stunningly bright attacks that you can take down with your own equally as impressive weaponry.
We also see the main character bust out a blade that leaves behind a neon red trail as you use it to slice through enemies. But it looks like the safest and most common types of weapons will be a wide range of guns.
If this sounds like your jam, then the good news is you only have a few more months left to wait. Returnal comes to PS5 on March 19, 2021. Don’t forget to check out the trailer down below.
And if you just can’t get enough of these world premier’s then just check out the full live stream of The Game Awards down below.
- Returnal’s Patch 1.3.3 Gets Pulled After Reports of Save Data Corruption
- New Returnal Patch 1.3.3 Notes Reveal Bug Fixes & Stability Improvements, But No Save System
- Returnal Has Debug Cheats You Can Access by Plugging in a Keyboard, But Not For Long
- PSA For Returnal Players: Set Your PS5 Auto-Update to Off to Avoid Losing Run Progress
- Returnal Has Reminded Me That Variety Is the Spice of Life