Cyberpunk 2077 is one of the hottest AAA titles to release in 2020, offering a maze-like metropolis called Night City for players to make their seedy playground for all their mercenary antics. Frames Per Second (FPS) is an indicator of just how well the game runs on your PC at the graphical settings you have applied. In this guide, we’ll talk you through how to show an FPS counter in Cyberpunk 2077.
How to Show FPS in Cyberpunk 2077
First off, while some players have had some luck with the GOG launcher’s own FPS counter, a lot of other players have reported that the game crashes on start-up when the overlay is enabled.
In addition to this, the popular free FRAPS software also isn’t displaying for users when trying to use it with Cyberpunk 2077.
As such, your best option is to import Cyberpunk 2077 into your Steam library (if you didn’t buy it directly from Steam, that is), and then open the game with the Steam overlay enabled. Players over on Reddit have already reported that this seems to work with few issues so far, so it’s definitely worth a try.
To add a non-Steam game to your Steam library, follow the below steps:
- Open your Steam client and login to your account.
- Select ‘Games’ from the top menu bar.
- Click ‘Add a Non-Steam Game to My Library’
- Select ‘Cyberpunk 2077’
- Load up ‘Cyberpunk 2077’ in Steam with the Overlay enabled.
Can You Show FPS on Console?
Unfortunately, not, though the game does have a Performance and Quality option for you to prioritize framerate over resolution and vice-versa on the Xbox One X and Series X versions.
This toggle option seems to be disabled on PS5 and PS4 Pro, instead opting to focus on ensuring the game runs at a buttery smooth 60fps. Whether this toggle will be added into the PlayStation version at a later date remains to be seen.
There you have all you need to know on showing an FPS counter in Cyberpunk 2077. For more tips and tricks, head on over to our guide wiki or check out more of our coverage on the game below.
- New Cyberpunk 2077 Hotfix 1.22 Fixes Common Bugs & Improves Stability
- Cyberpunk 2077 Devs Expect Next-Gen Version to Influence Atmosphere About the Game; More Details Shared
- Cyberpunk 2077 Has Sold 13.7 Million Copies in 2020; CD Projekt Announces Financial Results
- Cyberpunk 2077 Hotfix 1.21 Improves Stability & Fixes Progression-Blocking Bugs
- 10 Most Important Changes To Cyberpunk 2077 in Patch 1.2