Night City is a vast open-world, and while it’s a wonderfully immersive experience wandering its mean streets on foot or weaving through its traffic in a car, sometimes you just want to get somewhere quickly. Here’s how to fast travel in Cyberpunk 2077 if you’re wanting to speed things up.
How to Fast Travel in Cyberpunk 2077
There is a fast travel system in Cyberpunk 2077, but it’s not available right away. You’ll have to progress the main story through to the mission called The Ride. This is when you first meet Dex DeShawn, the street-wise fixer who’s after a piece of tech called Maelstrom.
From here on out, you can access fast travel points around the Watson area. But you don’t need to do anything special to actually unlock them. It’s just a case of walking or driving past one and it will occur naturally; in fact, you’ve probably already unlocked a bunch already. Check your map after The Ride and take a look. They’re indicated with a blue exclamation mark.
As you’ll discover, though, you can’t just open the map, select a fast travel point, and then go directly from any location. You need to actually visit the fast travel point and then use it to move to another one. It’s basically the same as the signposts in The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt if you’re familiar with that game.
If you’re determined to move as quickly through Night City as possible then it might be worth taking the time to hop in V’s car and just cruise around the city unlocking a bunch of fast travel points. That way, when you need to get somewhere far away later in the story you’ll already be prepared.
- New Cyberpunk 2077 Hotfix 1.22 Fixes Common Bugs & Improves Stability
- Cyberpunk 2077 Devs Expect Next-Gen Version to Influence Atmosphere About the Game; More Details Shared
- Cyberpunk 2077 Has Sold 13.7 Million Copies in 2020; CD Projekt Announces Financial Results
- Cyberpunk 2077 Hotfix 1.21 Improves Stability & Fixes Progression-Blocking Bugs
- 10 Most Important Changes To Cyberpunk 2077 in Patch 1.2