Hitman 3 looks very sharp running on next-gen hardware in a new location reveal from IO Interactive today. The sequence showcased the Chongqing stage for the very first time as developer commentary explained some of the new graphical enhancements coming to the entire Hitman series on PS5 and Xbox Series X consoles.
Indeed, the entire Hitman trilogy is getting an overhaul, with the Glacier Engine set to introduce new features like updated lighting and reflections, new water and physics effects, ray tracing, and up to 300 on-screen players.
You can get a flavor of just how terrific Hitman games are set to look moving forward in the trailer below.
Hitman 3 carries on from the acclaimed sequel title which launched back in 2018. Twinfinite’s review of Hitman 2 was a glowing one, scoring the game 4/5 and concluding:
“The freedom to plan and execute a variety of insane kill fantasies makes for missions that are fun and original even after multiple playthroughs. Hitman 2 is a wonderfully designed, enjoyable, and rewarding stealth sandbox that’ll only continue to develop.”
Hitman 3 is slated to launch on PS4, PS5, Xbox One, Xbox Series X, and PC next year, Jan. 21.
- Hitman 3 Season of Pride DLC Starts Today With New Gear
- Agent 47 Is Taking a “Bit of a Rest” After Hitman 3, Says IO Interactive
- Hitman 3 Starter Pack With Limited Access To Dubai Map Out Today
- Hitman 3 Gets New Trailer Teasing 7 Deadly Sins DLC Series’ First Episode
- Hitman 3 Gets New Trailer Detailing March Content Roadmap