The award ceremony of the Golden Joystick Awards has just concluded, and the winners have been announced.
The mostly-publicly-voted award gave its game of the year nod to The Last of Us Part II, while the new God of War: Ragnarok was voted as the most-anticipated future game.
You can find the full list below, keeping in mind that award marked with an asterisk are voted by critics. As such, they aren’t necessarily representative of the will of the people.
- Best Storytelling: The Last of Us Part II
- Best Multiplayer Game: Fall Guys
- Best Visual Design: The Last of Us Part II
- Best Game Expansion: No Man’s Sky: Origins
- Mobile Game of the Year: Lego Builder’s Journey
- Best Audio: The Last of Us Part II
- Best Indie Game: Hades
- Still Playing: Minecraft
- Best Studio: Naughty Dog
- Esports Game of the Year: Call of Duty: Modern Warfare
- Best New Streamer/Broadcaster: iamBrandon
- Best Family Game: Fall Guys
- Best Gaming Community: Minecraft
- Best Performer*: Sandra Saad – Ms. Marvel in Marvel’s Avengers
- Breakthrough Award*: Fall Guys
- PC Game of the Year: Death Stranding
- Best Gaming Hardware: Nvidia Geforce RTX 3080
- Hall of Fame*: Team 17
- PlayStation Game of the Year: The Last of Us Part II
- Xbox Game of the Year: Ori and the Will of the Wisps
- Nintendo Game of the Year: Animal Crossing: New Horizons
- Most Wanted Game: God of War: Ragnarok
- Critics Choice Award*: Hades
- Ultimate Game of the Year: The Last of Us Part II
If you’d like to compare, you can read the result of last year’s show in our dedicated article.