Crusader Kings 3 is basically an RPG hidden behind a strategy game, offering an enormous amount of freedom which is going to increase further soon.
Paradox is going to release a free update tomorrow (November 24) featuring a feature that was much less extensive and paid DLC in the previous game of the series, an extensive suite to customize your ruler.
Not only you’ll be able to create your perfect dynasty founder with or without limits (depending on whether you want achievements to be available or not) in their stats and perks, but you’ll also have an extremely broad ability to customize their look, from handsome to monstrous.
You can check out how it works in the trailer below.
Crusader Kings 3 is currently availanble exclusively for PC.
If you’d like to learn more, here’s how Paradox itself describes the game:
- Character Focused Gameplay: Every character you play or interact with has their own unique personality. Events and options in the game are largely determined by the type of person you are.
- Infinite Possibilities: Play as any noble house from Iceland to India, Finland to Central Africa over five centuries. Interact with wandering guests, stubborn children, devious spymasters and saintly holy men in an elaborate tapestry of medieval life.
- Waging War: Rally your vassals and raise your men-at-arms to besiege enemy castles or put down rebellions. Personal prowess on the battlefield can win you great honor, but strategic planning is the path to victory.
- Royal Marriages: Spread your dynastic DNA throughout the world, stamping your royal seal on the crests of kingdoms and duchies far and wide. Marry for power and raise children to press claims on new lands.
- Saints and Sinners: Keep faith with your religious leaders or perform great crimes in the interest of the state. When the going gets tough, you can always embrace a heresy or craft a new religion more in line with your character’s priorities.
- Schemes and Skullduggery: Learn the secrets of your courtiers and vassals so you can blackmail them for their support. Seduce your way into a superior’s good books, or plot the untimely demise of an unfortunate relative.
- Events Inspired By History: Experience great holy wars, peasant revolts, cadet branches of dynasties, heretics, superstition, castles, knights and wars over inheritance.
- 3D Character Portraits: Characters age and change appearance as their traits take a toll on their body. The higher the rank, the fancier the clothing.