Black Ops Cold War’s Scorestreaks can well and truly turn the tide of battle. But in order to get them, you’ll need to rack up a good chunk of score in a match. In this guide, we’ll show you how to change scorestreaks, and include a complete list of all scorestreaks you can choose from.
Cold War changes the way these streaks are obtained. Whereas in previous games, players needed to rack up a set amount of kills or score without dying, Cold War allows you to keep your streak going, slowly racking up points with each kill you get or objective you play.
How to Change Scorestreaks in Black Ops Cold War
To change your scorestreaks, go to the ‘Loadout’ menu from the Multiplayer section of the game.
From here, select ‘Scorestreaks’. You should now see a list of all of the available scorestreaks along the bottom of the screen.
Players can only have three scorestreaks selected at any time. To change a scorestreak, select the one you want to use. This will then bring up a screen asking which scorestreak you’d like to replace it with. Use the left analog stick to switch between the three, and then press A on Xbox or X on PlayStation to confirm your choice.
It’s worth pointing out that you’ll need to unlock some scorestreaks by leveling up. After you’ve prestiged for the first time, you’ll have unlocked them all and won’t have to worry about them.
All Scorestreaks in Black Ops Cold War
- Combat Bow – Arrows burn targets and the surrounding area – 120 seconds cooldown. (500 points)
- RCXD – Remote controlled car strapped with explosives – 90 seconds cooldown. (800 points)
- Spy Plane – Reveal enemy positions through the Fog of War – 90 seconds cooldown. (1000 points)
- Counter Spy Plane – Scramble enemy mini-maps and disable hostile Missile Turrets for a short time – 60 seconds cooldown. (1200 points)
- Armor – Reduces incoming bullet damage. Destroyed after it absorbs too much damage – 120 seconds cooldown. (1600 points)
- Care Package – Airdrop a random Scorestreak. Crate self-destructs after use – 90 seconds cooldown. (1800 points)
- Sentry Turret – Deploy a deadly automated turret that targets enemy planes, vehicles, and equipment – 60 seconds cooldown. (2000 points)
- Napalm Strike – Launch a targeted carpet bomb strike of explosive napalm – 30 seconds cooldown. (2100 points)
- Artillery – Launch a targeted airstrike on three locations. Unused strikes can be saved for later – 30 seconds cooldown. (2500 points)
- Cruise Missile – Steer a trio of missiles with boost and air brake controls. Secondary missiles auto-fire at painted targets – 90 seconds cooldown.(2600 points)
- Air Patrol – Call in a squadron of jets to attack enemy air Scorestreaks. Counter enemy Air Patrols – 0 seconds cooldown. (3200 points)
- War Machine – High explosive grenade launcher – 60 seconds cooldown. (3500 points)
- Attack Helicopter – Call in an armed support helicopter – 60 seconds cooldown. (4000 points)
- Chopper Gunner – Be the gunner in a close air support helicopter – 60 seconds cooldown. (6000 points)
- VTOL Escort – Lay waste to enemy infantry and vehicles from the cockpit of a power VTOL jet – 90 seconds cooldown. (8500 points)
- Gunship – Be the gunner in a close air support gunship – 90 seconds cooldown. (10000 points)
To use a scorestreak, you’ll first need to rack up the required score in a game. As we noted above, this doesn’t need to be obtained without dying, as your streak will continue after this.
Once you’ve hit the score required, you can simply press right on the d-pad to use your scorestreak. If you have multiple scorestreaks to use, simply use up and down on the d-pad to scroll between them and select the one you want to use.
That’s everything you need to know on how to change scorestreaks in Black Ops Cold War. Head over to our wiki for more information, or check out more of our coverage below.
- Call of Duty: Black Ops Cold War and Warzone Adds New Weapons, Events, and More for Season 3
- You Can Play Black Ops Cold War’s New Zombies Mode, Outbreak, a Day Early
- Black Ops Cold War & Warzone Season 2 Content Fully Detailed
- Black Ops Cold War Season Two Intro Cinematic Teases New Operator & Weapons
- Firebase Z Arrives in Call of Duty: Black Ops Cold War’s New Patch, Along With Other Tweaks