2020’s Call of Duty, Black Ops Cold War, is finally here for players to jump into, with multiplayer being the main draw for many players. However, Activision has made some changes to the way theCoD Black Ops Cold War Prestige System works, so we’re here with a guide that’ll run you through how it works and what Seasonal Prestige means.
First things first, you will still be leveling up to level 55, as always in Call of Duty. As you go, you’ll unlock new weapons, attachments, and items for your create-a-class system, getting pretty much everything by level 55.
You will then be able to go into Prestige 1, but the process after that has changed due to it now being tied into Warzone, once December comes around, and many players are not liking the idea of turning in all their unlocks for an emblem.
CoD Black Ops Cold War Prestige System Explained
Now, when you Prestige in Black Ops Cold War, you’ll keep all the create a class unlocks you’ve earned, but will still be able to get the emblems that a lot of players love.
From Level 1 of the first Prestige, you’ll be able to work towards the three Prestige stages that are available during pre-season by hitting certain levels. Below is what the Prestige levels are at and what you get as a bonus:
- Prestige 1 at Season Level 1
- Prestige 2 and Weapon Blueprint at Season Level 50
- Prestige 3 at Season Level 100
After that, it will follow a similar structure when Season One begins in December. Your level will reset, but your progress will resume from the highest Prestige you achieved in the previous Season. So, if you’re at level 70 during Pre-Season for example, you’ll be put back to level one, but will still be at Prestige 2.
During each Season, there will be four additional Cold War Prestiges to achieve across the first 200 levels, plus a new Weapon Blueprint to earn at level 50. That means there will be more than 25 Prestiges to unlock throughout the year, following Pre-Season. The levels are:
- New Prestige and Weapon Blueprint at Season Level 50
- New Prestige at Season Level 100
- New Prestige at Season Level 150
- New Prestige at Season Level 200
How to Get Prestige Master
The Prestige Master title returns too, being awarded if you go past level 200 in any Season. You’ll then be able to go past Prestige Master, going all the way up to level 1000 every Season. You’ll also get milestone rewards at every 50 levels between 1 and 1000, too.
The progression will always be tied between Warzone and each mode in Black Ops Cold War. You’ll also earn Prestige Keys as milestone rewards, which can be spent at the new Prestige Shop to unlock Legacy Prestige Icons from previous games.
- Call of Duty: Black Ops Cold War and Warzone Adds New Weapons, Events, and More for Season 3
- You Can Play Black Ops Cold War’s New Zombies Mode, Outbreak, a Day Early
- Black Ops Cold War & Warzone Season 2 Content Fully Detailed
- Black Ops Cold War Season Two Intro Cinematic Teases New Operator & Weapons
- Firebase Z Arrives in Call of Duty: Black Ops Cold War’s New Patch, Along With Other Tweaks