Ubisoft has released a hotfix for Watch Dogs Legion on Xbox One and PS4 now that the game has officially released, with a PC patching arriving tomorrow.
The news comes via a post over on the Ubisoft forums, detailing the first batch of bug fixes and performance improvements coming as part of the hotfix. You can check them all out below:
Watch Dogs Legion Patch Notes (October 29/ 30)
- Global performance improvements on PS4 for smoother gameplay/driving
- Made several improvements to PC performance
- Optimized performance to improve framerates for RTX GPUs
- Fixed an issue that caused framerate drops to occur when characters walk through checkpoints
- Improved the framerate performance when driving
- Fixed a freeze when switching input controllers on PC
- Fixed sporadic crashes on PS4
- Fixed sporadic crashes on Xbox One/S
- Fixed an issue that could cause the game to crash when launched on a console set to TURKISH, INDONESIAN, GREEK, ROMANIAN, HUNGARIAN, VIETNAMESE or THAI languages
- Fixed an issue that could cause the game to crash on Xbox One X when selecting a certain option in the Into the Void mission
- Fixed an issue that could cause the game to crash when browsing through the Premium Shop tabs on Xbox One
These fixes and improvements will be welcomed by fans and critics alike, many of whom — Twinfinite’s ZhiQing Wang included — have faced serious technical issues while building their DedSec army and liberating near-future London.
One particularly problematic bug is exclusive to the Xbox One X, and forces the console to shutdown during a mission. Ubisoft acknowledged the issue and stated it was planning to release a hotfix on Oct. 30. Given a fix is not listed in the patch notes above, it seems Xbox One X players might want to hold off a little bit longer until the tomorrow’s scheduled hotfix arrives.
While the reviews embargo lifted yesterday, we’re holding our review until we’ve spent a little bit more time with Watch Dogs Legion’s hotfix installed, so be sure to check back soon for our full impressions.
Watch Dogs Legion is available today, Oct. 29 on PC, PS4, Xbox One and Google Stadia. PS5 and Xbox Series X versions of the game will also be available on the consoles’ release dates.
- Final Fantasy XIV: Endwalker Sage Job Icon Changed To Avoid Triggering Trypophobia
- Microsoft Flight Simulator Airbus A220 and F14 Tomcat Get Dev Updates; Manila City, Queenstown, Banjarmasin & Bodmin Airports Announced
- Achilles Legends Untold Announced by Dark Point Games
- Life Is Strange: True Colors Trailer Welcomes You to Haven Springs
- Age of Empires IV Showcases The Abbasid Dynasty & Naval Warfare in New Trailers