While Among Us is all about completing tasks and figuring out who the Impostor is (while said Impostor tries to kill them all), thanks to the numerous game settings, it is possible to change things up a bit. By adopting some custom rules and making some agreements with the players in your lobby, it’s possible to playhide and seek in Among Us, and we’re here to explain how.
Among Us Hide and Seek Game Settings
Before you do anything else, first make sure you’ve changed the game’s settings to the following:
- Impostors: 1
- Emergency Meeting: 1
- Player Speed: 1.0x
- Crewmate Vision: 0.25x
- Impostor Vision: 0.25x
- Kill Cooldown: 15 seconds
- Kill Distance: Short
- Common Tasks: 0
- Long Tasks: 0
- Short Tasks: 4
On top of these game settings, you’ll also want to make sure that everyone agrees to and abides by the following rules.
- No Emergency Meetings
- No Fixing the Lights Once They’re Sabotaged
- No Other Sabotages
- No Reporting Bodies Found
These rules are usually where playing hide and seek in Among Us with strangers can get tricky, as if one person doesn’t abide by the rules, the entire game can be ruined.
How to Play Hide and Seek
When you’ve got these settings in-place, it’s simply a case of finding like-minded players and getting them into your lobby.
Once you’ve done this, all you need to do is ensure that everyone understands the way hide and seek is played in Among Us. You can follow the simple steps below:
- At the beginning of the game, the Impostor must immediately call an Emergency Meeting so everyone knows who is going to be hiding and who they’ll need to avoid.
- All crewmates go and hide. The Impostor can wait in the cafeteria where they initially spawn until they’ve finished counting down.
- When the countdown is finished, the Impostor sabotages the lights. They must then find and kill each of the Crewmates.
Of course, you’re free to tweak and adjust these rules however you and your friends see fit. You can always check popular YouTubers to see how they set up their hide and seek games, too.
For more guides, be sure to search for Twinfinite or check out more of our coverage below.
- Among Us Airship Map Now Available; Dev Details Future Features
- Here’s How Among Us’ New Accounts System Will Work
- Among Us Airship Map Gets Release Date; Slated for the End of March
- Among Us Dev Reveals What’s Next For Game, Development Challenges
- Among Us Has Already Hit the Top of the Switch eShop Charts After Just One Day of Being Released