While Super Mario 64 is now very old, it still holds plenty of secrets that some players, especially those playing for the first time through Super Mario 3D All Stars, may not be aware of. In this guide, we’re going to list all of the Castle Secret Stars you can get in Super Mario 64 & 3D All Stars.
All Castle Secret Stars in Super Mario 64
- The Princess’s Secret Slide – To get this star, enter the 1 Star Room in the ground floor of Peach’s castle and then jump in the stained glass window to the right when you walk in. Reach the bottom of the slide for a star.
- The Princess’s Secret Slide Star 2 – You can get a second star by completing the course again, but this time with a time under 21 seconds.
- The Secret Aquarium – To reach this area, look for the hole in the wall near the portrait for Jolly Roger Bay. Once you’re in, collect all eight red coins for a star.
- Catch MIPS – When you have at least 15 stars go to the castle basement and find the yellow rabbit also known as MIPS hopping around. Catch him by running and then executing a well-timed dive for a star.
- Catch MIPS Again – When you have at least 50 stars return to the basement to find MIPS again. Catch him one more time for another castle secret star.
- Eight Red Coins in Wing Cap Room – Get all eight red coins in the Wing Cap room to get another castle secret star.
- Eight Red Coins in Vanish Cap Room – Collect all eight red coins in the Vanish Cap room to get another star.
- Eight Red Coins in Metal Cap Room – Once again, collect all eight red coins in the Metal Cap room to get yet another star.
- Wing Mario Over the Rainbow – Enter the secret room in the wall in the area that houses both Tick Tock Clock and Rainbow Ride. Collect all eight red coins here for a castle secret star.
- Free Toad Star 1 – Simply talk to the Toad that is hanging out near Hazy Maze Cave for an easy star.
- Free Toad Star 2 – There is a Toad hiding underneath the stairs that lead to the third floor of the castle. Speak to this Toad for another castle secret star.
- Free Toad Star 3 – For the last freebie Toad star, talk to the Toad that is near Tick Tock Clock.
- Red Coins in Bowser in the Dark World – Collect all eight red coins in the first Bowser battle stage for a star.
- Red Coins in Bowser in the Fire Sea – Get all eight red coins in the second Bowser boss stage for yet another star.
- Red Coins in Bowser in the Sky – For one last castle secret star if you’ve been following along, get all the red coins in the final Bowser boss stage.
There you have it! All fifteen of the castle secret stars in Mario 64 and 3D All Stars.
For more tips, tricks and FAQs answered, definitely check out our Super Mario 3D All Stars wiki which covers all three games. Also, be sure to check out our fully scored review for our thoughts on how Nintendo did with this package of remasters.
- Mario Golf: Super Rush Overview Trailer Shows off New Modes and Characters
- 5 Updates Super Mario Party Still Needs Even After Online Play
- Super Mario Party’s Online Update Is Over Two Years Too Late
- Super Mario Party Gets Free Update Adding New Online Modes
- Mario Kart Tour Hits 200 Million Downloads & $200 Million Revenue