Today, during the PlayStation 5 showcase, Sony Interactive Entertainment finally revealed the price and release date of the PS5.
The standard edition will cost $499.99, €499.99, £449.99, or 49,980 yen while the Digital Edition is priced at $399.99, €399.99, £359.99, or 39,980 yen.
The release date will be on November 12 in the United States, Japan, Canada, Mexico, Australia, New Zealand, and South Korea.
Everyone else will have to wait a little more: the console will launch in Europe and in the rest of the world on November 19.
Incidentally, the small print reveals that a possible Chinese release date is still “under exploration.”
We also hear that pre-orders will be available at select retailers as early as tomorrow.
Below you can check out the trailer revealed during the show, providing a look at the games that will be available on PS5.
We also get pricing information for a the accessories coming at launch.
- DualSense Wireless Controller (standalone) – US$69.99/¥6,980/€69.99
- PULSE 3D wireless headset – with 3D audio support and dual noise-canceling microphones US$99.99/¥9,980/€99.99
- HD Camera – with dual 1080p lenses for gamers to broadcast themselves along with their epic gameplay moments US$59.99/¥5,980/€59.99
- Media Remote – to navigate movies and streaming services with ease US$29.99/¥2,980/€29.99 (RRP)
- DualSense Charging Station – to conveniently charge two DualSense Wireless Controllers US$29.99/¥2,980/€29.99 (RRP)
Games from Sony Interactive Entertainment will be priced between $49.99 and $69.99.