Microsoft Flight Simulator just received a large update that brings a massive improvement to the looks and feel of Japan. That being said, the process to get it is slightly convoluted, so here’s how to download the Japan World Update in Microsoft Flight Simulator.
How To Download the Japan World Update in Microsoft Flight Simulator
First of all, you need to download an update from the Microsoft Store or Steam. This first update will be approximately 661 MB.
After that has updated and installed, you need to launch the simulator. It will prompt you to update once again. This time around, the update will be bigger, 8.78 GB.
You’re not yet done. Once you have installed the update, you’ll have to go to the marketplace and find the “World Update I: Japan” Bundle.
“Purchase” it for free and download it. It’ll require 1.51 GB of your bandwidth.
Time needed: 2 minutes.
To summarize how to download the Japan World Update:
- Update Microsoft Flight Simulator from the Microsoft Store or Steam
- Launch the Simulator. You’ll be prompted to update again. Do so.
- Go to the marketplace.
- Purchase (for free) the World Update I: Japan and download it.
The update includes a lot of content. Specifically, it comes with upgraded digital elevation mapping across the entire country, high-resolution 3D photogrammetry for six Japanese cities (Sendai, Takamatsu, Tokushima, Tokyo, Utsunomiya, and Yokohama), six hand-crafted airports (Hachijojima, Kerama, Kushiro, Nagasaki, Shimojishima, and Suwanosejima) nearly two dozen points of interest, three landing challenges, and an introductory tour.
This is all you need to know to download the Japan World Update in Microsoft Flight Simulator.
If you want to learn more about Microsoft Flight Simulator, you can check out our review that will tell you everything you need to know about Asobo Studio’s new sim.
For more useful tips and information on the game, do check out Twinfinite’s extensive guide wiki.
- New Screenshots of CRJ for Microsoft Flight Simulator Shared by Aerosoft with Comments on SDK Progress
- I Flew Through Star Wars Canyon on Microsoft Flight Simulator’s First Military Jet
- Microsoft Flight Simulator Brings You to Sweden With Gothenburg Airport by Orbx
- Microsoft Flight Simulator Gets First Military Jet; F-15 Now In Full-Time Development
- MS Flight Simulator 2020 Player Builds a Giant Xbox Series X for Microsoft’s HQ in Washington