Update: Sony has confirmed via the PS Blog that not only will Marvel’s Spider-Man: Miles Morales be a launch title for the PS5 but the game will also be coming to the PS4. The standard edition will cost $49.99 digitally and physically and there will also be an Ultimate Edition that includes a code for Marvel’s Spider-Man: Remastered as well as all three parts of the Spider-Man DLC, The City That Never Sleeps.
The original story is as follows:
During a PS5 showcase today, Sony Interactive Entertainment and Insomniac Games showed off new gameplay for Marvel’s Spider-Man: Miles Morales.
The presentation showed off Miles walking through a busy street fair with a friend of his in Harlem and then it takes us to combat scenario on a bridge. We get to have a closer look at the combat UI and while it looks very similar to Spider-Man PS4, there are some major differences as to how Miles Morales takes down enemies.
We even get to see the classic Spider-Man bicep pull as he forces the bridge back together with his spider powers.
Marvel’s Spider-Man: Miles Morales will launch for the PS5 this holiday season. The title is a standalone game that continues the narrative that was introduced in Marvel’s Spider-Man from 2018. There will also be an optional 4K / 60fps performance mode for those that want to swing through the streets of New York City like never before.
You can watch the entire PS5 presentation right here:
- Spider-Man: No Way Home Gets Teaser Video, Release Date
- PS5 On-Track To Ship 7.6 Million Units by March; Spider-Man Miles Morales Sold 4.1 Million Units
- Marvel, Bring Back These 5 Characters to Make ‘Spider-Man 3’ Even Wilder
- Spider-Man Miles Morales Update Adds 60FPS Mode With Ray Tracing
- Alfred Molina Will Reportedly Reprise His Role as Doctor Octopus in Next Spider-Man Film