Starting on Oct. 14, Xbox Design Lab will be “going on a break” until some time in 2021.
Xbox has not yet provided a reason for the break or when exactly in 2021 Xbox Design Lab will return, but the plan does appear to be to resume its services at some point in the future. There’s nothing to suggest, that we can see, that this is permanent.
It’s possible that this move has something to do with the launch of the upcoming Xbox Series X/S. Perhaps there’s some preparation for next-gen going on in the background. But once again, Xbox has not yet given a reason for the break, they have only let people know that it’s happening.
It’s worth noting that Xbox One controllers can be used with the Xbox Series X/S. So if you do decide to get a customized Xbox Design Lab controller before the deadline to get orders in on Oct. 14, you’ll be able to use it with an Xbox Series X/S if you end up picking one up.
Xbox Design Lab allows interested players to create a controller that features designs and colors schemes of their choosing.
- Ubisoft Expects “Great Year” for PS5 & Xbox Series X; Comments on Microsoft, Sony, & Nintendo’s Ways
- Microsoft Releases Hilarious Xbox Series X Fridge Trailer (and You Can Win One)
- Microsoft Claims Xbox Series X & S Are the “Only Next-Gen Consoles” With Full RDNA 2 Hardware Support
- No Man’s Sky Getting Free Next-Gen Update for PS5, Xbox Series X/S, & PC
- Microsoft Reveals Xbox Series X Will Offer Same Backward Compatibility Library as Xbox One