When Call of Duty: Modern Warfare first released for consoles and PC last year, it also had a mode that was exclusive to PS4. Survival Mode was set to be a timed exclusive for PS4 players for a year, but now it’s finally making its way over to Xbox One and PC as well.
As of Oct. 1, Survival Mode will be available on all platforms, as announced via the Season 6 blog post over on the official Call of Duty site.
At Season launch on console, owners of the full version of Modern Warfare will also have to download the Compatibility Pack to access Multiplayer and Special Ops, and the Survival Pack to access Survival. File sizes for these two Packs are below:
PlayStation 4 Compatibility Pack: 7.8 GB
PlayStation 4 Survival Pack: 5.8 GB
Xbox One Compatibility Pack: 8 GB
Xbox One Survival Pack: 5.9 GB
Note that on October 1, Xbox and PC players can access the Survival mode.
In Survival Mode, you and up to three other players will have to fend off hordes of enemies in waves that will get increasingly difficult, and have to think on your feet in various different combat situations.
Call of Duty: Modern Warfare is now available on PS4, Xbox One, and PC.
- NPD Jan: Record Month Led by Switch & PS5 Sales; Call of Duty Tops Charts Again
- Firebase Z Arrives in Call of Duty: Black Ops Cold War’s New Patch, Along With Other Tweaks
- Activision Continues to Clamp Down on Call of Duty: Warzone Cheaters
- Can You Name These Call of Duty Maps?
- NPD December: Call of Duty: Black Ops: Cold War Ends 2020 as Best-Selling Game; PS5 Sales Remain Positive