Konami has re-released several of its popular classics today for PC via the GOG store, including games from the Metal Gear, Castlevania, and Contra franchises.
KONAMI Collector’s Series: Castlevania & Contra, with 5 games, is a real treat for retro gamers!
— GOG.COM (@GOGcom) September 25, 2020
Metal Gear games Metal Gear, Metal Gear Solid, and Metal Gear Sold 2: Subsistence can all be purchased individually, while Castlevania and Contra titles come in a single pack called the Konami Collector’s Series.
The Collector’s Series includes Castlevania, Castlevania II: Simon’s Quest, Castlevania III: Dracula’s Curse, Contra, and Super C.
As you can see, the prices are all roughly around the $10 mark. You can visit the storefront here.
Today’s announcement follows on from a number rumors across various forums and industry commentators who had suggested some sort of PC re-release for Metal Gear Solid was on the cards. Gematsu had also spotted a PC rating for Metal Gear games in Taiwan.
The last Metal Gear game released by Konami was Metal Gear Survive, a bizarre multiplayer experience set in the same universe as Metal Gear Solid V that featured zombies. Twinfinite wasn’t impressed in our review.
- 5 Video Games Netflix Should Adapt Into an Animated Series Next
- The Latest Castlevania Trailer Shows Season 4 Will Be Bloody & Beautiful
- Netflix’s Castlevania to End With Season 4 in May; New Series Likely
- February 2021 Xbox Games with Gold Free Games Predictions
- 10 Big Video Game Anniversaries in 2021 to Make You Feel Old