Music producer and YouTuber Alex Moukala has spent a good amount of time breaking down iconic video game music tracks and explaining why they’re good, and he’s also spent a fair amount of time producing unique remixes of popular tracks. This time, he’s back with an 11-minute long mix that draws from Persona 5, Final Fantasy XIV, and NieR: Automata.
The twist? The tracks have all been redone to suit the chill lo-fi aesthetic that’s really surged in popularity over the past few years. The result? It sounds really good.
All three games are known for having strong soundtracks, and Moukala’s managed to bring them all together in a sonically cohesive way. The tracks include Beneath the Mask from Persona 5, Amaurot ~ Mortal Instants from Final Fantasy XIV, as well as Amusement Park and City Ruins ~ Rays of Light from NieR: Automata.
Titled Beneath Amaurot, it’s clear that Amaurot is meant to be the centerpiece of this mix. This track comes from a major turning point in the FFXIV: Shadowbringers storyline, and is also one of, if not the most striking track in the entire collection.
You can check out the rest of Moukala’s music here.
- Persona 5 Royal, Persona 4 Golden, and Persona 3 Portable Also Announced for Nintendo Switch
- Persona 5 Royal for Xbox & Windows PC Will Include 40+ DLC Out of the Box
- Persona 5 Royal, 4 Golden & 3 Portable Confirmed for PlayStation & Steam
- Persona 5 Royal Arrives on Xbox in October, Persona 3 Portable and Persona 4 Golden to Follow
- Persona 5 Is Also Getting a Pachislot Machine by Sega Sammy