The Walking Stick in Animal Crossing New Horizons is a rare bug that you can begin catching from July in the northern hemisphere. Its spawn times make it particularly difficult to catch, and it also has a spawn condition you’ll need to meet before it’ll show up. In this Animal Crossing New Horizons Walking Stick guide, we’ll talk you through how to catch one, its spawn times and location, and how much you can sell them for.
Walking Stick Seasonality & Spawn Times
The Walking Stick can only be caught during the following months for each hemisphere:
- Northern Hemisphere: July – November
- Southern Hemisphere: January – May
During these months, the Walking Stick can only be caught between very specific hours. These are:
- 4am – 8am
- 5pm – 7pm
Catching the Walking Stick in Animal Crossing New Horizons
To catch the Walking Stick, you’ll first need to make sure you’ve already caught 20 bugs. If you haven’t, the Walking Stick won’t spawn even if you’re playing and hunting for them during the spawn times listed above.
Once you’ve met this requirement, the Walking Stick has a chance of spawning on any trees on your island. We found Palm Trees to be the most likely to have one spawn on them, so make sure you stock up on these if you’re having problems.
When you’ve found a Walking Stick, equip your bug net and press and hold A to ready it. Use the left analog stick to slowly creep towards the bug, and when you’re in range of it, release A.
You should have now caught the Walking Stick in Animal Crossing New Horizons.
Walking Stick Sell Price
You can sell any Walking Stick that you catch for 600 Bells at Nook’s Cranny.
If Flick is visiting your island, he’ll buy any bugs you bring him for 1.5x their normal selling price. He’ll buy any Walking Sticks for 900 Bells each.
Check out the full list of new July bugs and fish that can be caught in Animal Crossing New Horizons now!
- Disney’s Hercules Song Zero to Hero Recreated via Animal Crossing New Horizons
- Animal Crossing New Horizons User Adorably Re-Creates Rainbow Road
- Animal Crossing New Horizons Update Is Bringing Back Festivale
- UK Sales: Animal Crossing New Horizons Beats Ghost of Tsushima; TLOU2 Drops out of Top 10
- Furifu, Japanese Kimono Company, Releases 10 Yukata Designs For Animal Crossing New Horizons