The Sweetfish in Animal Crossing New Horizons can now be caught with the arrival of July. While it’s not the rarest fish you’ll have to catch to fill out your Critterpedia and complete Blathers’ museum collection, it’s still handy to know where and when it can be caught. In this Animal Crossing New Horizons Sweetfish guide, we’ll talk you through how to catch one, its spawn location, seasonality, and sell price.
Sweetfish Seasonality & Spawn Times
The Sweetfish can only be caught during the following months for each hemisphere.
- Northern Hemisphere: July – September
- Southern Hemisphere: January – March
During these months, you’ll have to fish during the hours of 4am and 9pm. The Sweetfish will not spawn outside of these hours.
Catching the Sweetfish in Animal Crossing New Horizons
To catch a Sweetfish in Animal Crossing New Horizons, go to the River that runs through your island. This is where it will spawn.
Equip your fishing rod and look out for a medium-sized fish shadow. When you do, cast your fishing rod so the float lands near it.
When the fish bites and your float disappears completely, press A to begin reeling it in. As long as you’re quick enough, your villager will begin an animation struggling with the fish, before yanking it into their arms.
If you can’t get a fish shadow to spawn on your river, move up and down the entirety of it. You can also use Fishing Bait to speed up the process. Using it will cause a fish to spawn in that area.
Sweetfish Sell Price
The Sweetfish can be sold for 900 Bells at Nook’s Cranny.
If CJ shows up on your island, he’ll buy your fish for 1.5x their normal selling price. He’ll buy your Sweetfish for 1,350 Bells.
Check out the full list of new July bugs and fish that can be caught in Animal Crossing New Horizons now!
For more tips, tricks and guides, be sure to check out our guide wiki.
- Disney’s Hercules Song Zero to Hero Recreated via Animal Crossing New Horizons
- Animal Crossing New Horizons User Adorably Re-Creates Rainbow Road
- Animal Crossing New Horizons Update Is Bringing Back Festivale
- UK Sales: Animal Crossing New Horizons Beats Ghost of Tsushima; TLOU2 Drops out of Top 10
- Furifu, Japanese Kimono Company, Releases 10 Yukata Designs For Animal Crossing New Horizons