There are animals and bugs galore to catch in New Horizons. Here we’re going to explain how to catch a Grasshopper in Animal Crossing New Horizons, including information on its location, and exactly how much you can expect to earn when selling it at Nook’s Cranny.
Grasshopper Seasonality & Spawn Times
The Grasshopper is only found during the warmer months of the year; its seasonality is as follows for northern and southern hemisphere islands respectively.
- Northern Hemisphere – July – September
- Southern hemisphere – January – March
During these months, the Grasshopper can only be caught between the hours of 8 am and 5 pm. Obviously, this means that in order to catch one you’ll need to be playing the game during the day.
How to Catch a Grasshopper in Animal Crossing New Horizons
Catching a Grasshopper is super simple; it’s more about the location and the time of day in which you attempt it rather than the process itself.
Grasshoppers are a pretty common bug and so they spawn on the ground in any area of wilderness. Catching one is as simple as equipping your net (here’s how to get a net) and swiping at one by pressing A.
Just be careful not to spook them. If they are startled and jump over water you won’t be able to follow them.
- Access your tool wheel using the d-pad and prepare your net for a catch.
- Once you’ve spotted a Grasshopper, simply approach it and press A to swipe one into your net.
Animal Crossing New Horizons Grasshopper Sell Price
The Grasshopper won’t net you a great deal at Nook’s Cranny, with a market value of just 160 Bells. Still, that’s better than a poke in the eye with a bug-catching net! Also, because they are so common, you should be able to scoop yourself a whole bunch to take to market.
- Animal Crossing New Horizons: All Mermaid DIY Recipes List
- Furifu, Japanese Kimono Company, Releases 10 Yukata Designs For Animal Crossing New Horizons
- Animal Crossing New Horizons: How to Get & Use Dream Bell Exchange Tickets
- Animal Crossing New Horizons Rice Grasshopper: How to Catch, Location, Sell Price
- Animal Crossing New Horizons Migratory Locust: How to Catch, Location, Sell Price