Everyone loves Animal Crossing New Horizons, and everyone especially loves the game’s turtles. They’re adorable and make a great addition to your island’s museum. In this guide we’re going to go over how to catch the Soft-shelled turtle, its location, sell price and more in Animal Crossing New Horizons. Let’s dive right into the guide.
Soft-shelled Turtle Seasonality & Spawn Times
Depending on what hemisphere you are playing in, these are the times of year that the Soft-shelled Turtle can be caught.
- Northern Hemisphere: August-September
- Southern Hemisphere: February-March
As long as you are playing in the respective months, the Soft-shelled Turtle can be found between 4pm and 9am. Make sure to catch it while it’s on your island since it’s only around a couple of months a year.
Catching the Soft-shelled Turtle in Animal Crossing New Horizons
On to how you actually catch one of these. Equip your fishing rod and make sure you’re holding it, approach any river on your island, and look for a medium-sized shadow in the water. This may be the Soft-shelled turtle!
Face the water and cast your fishing rod in front of the turtle by pressing A. Wait until you see the float sink indicating that the turtle has bitten on and is ready to be pulled out, press A again, and voilà! The medium shadow hopefully turned out to be the Soft-shelled Turtle.
Make sure to use any Fish Bait you have on you to spawn some more fish if you have no luck catching the turtle your first time.
Soft-shelled Turtle Sell Price
If you’re looking to sell your Soft-shelled Turtle, you can earn 3,750 bells from the twins at Nook’s Cranny. If you wait until C.J. is around, you can fetch a nice 5,625 bells!
There you have it– how to catch the adorable Soft-shelled Turtle on your island in Animal Crossing New Horizons. For some more tips and tricks, check out our wiki or see the related articles below.
- National Videogame Museum Exhibit Will Feature Animal Crossing Lockdown Stories
- UK Sales: Animal Crossing New Horizons Beats Ghost of Tsushima; TLOU2 Drops out of Top 10
- Animal Crossing New Horizons: How to Trip & Fall Over
- Animal Crossing New Horizons: How to Use Fountain Fireworks
- Nintendo Announces Massive YoY Growth as Animal Crossing: New Horizon Ships 22.4 Million Copies