Today Piranha Games released a new trailer showcasing the first DLC for its mech simulator Mechwarrior 5: Mercenaries.
The DLC is titled Heroes of the Inner Sphere and it was originally slated for April, but the folks at Piranha Games decided to delay it while expanding it rather massively.
The trailer shows the new mech chassis included in the DLC including Corsair, Champion, Dervish, Charger, Hatamoto-Chi, Vulcan, and Marauder II. On top of that, we get to see the Extra-Solar Moon biome.
You can enjoy it below.
If you’re unfamiliar with the DLC, here’s an overview of what it’ll included.
- New Career Mode – start a career from scratch in any of the great houses or import your progress from the original Campaign.
- Career Paths – Complete 5 different job types to unlock career path rewards including new blueprints for quirking mechs.
- Expanded Inner Sphere Map that includes 61 total warzones (+18), 34 Industrial Hubs, and 55 quest lines (+11) recrafted for less linear, more open exploration.
- Hunt down 7 new heroes and their hero mechs in the story-driven Hero Quests, featuring 7 unique handcrafted missions.
- 7 new ‘Mech chassis: Corsair, Vulcan, Charger, Hatamoto-Chi, Dervish, Champion, Marauder II
- 50 new variants including new variants for existing chassis.
- New equipment: ECM, EWECM, BAP, EWAP, MASC, Supercharger.
- New Weapons: Chem Lasers, Short Burst lasers, Mech Rifles.
- New Procedural Mission type: Beachhead that features artillery strikes and emplacements.
- New Giant Moon Biome and Moonbase garrisons.
MechWarrior 5: Mercenaries is available exclusively for PC on the Epic Games Store. It’ll also come to steam at some point.