Last of Us 2 has plenty of puzzles you’ll need to solve if you want to progress throughout the storyline. One of the obstacles you’ll need to overcome most frequently his powering up generators. Here is everything you need to know about how to start generators in Last of Us 2.
How to Start Generators in Last of Us 2
The first time you’ll run into a generator in Last of Us 2 is when you are scouting with Dina. You’ll need to get it started to get the workbench going and get downstairs.
Head over to it and press triangle. Once Ellie gets in position, a circular meter will appear with a triangle at its base.
Ellie then pulls the crank and the triangle makes its way around the circle. Once it starts to head back to its point of origin at the bottom of the ring, press triangle.
You’ll need to do this three times correctly before the generator boots up. Failing at any point starts you over from square one.
It is important to note that some generators do require you to either fix a power line attachment or get gas to get them to start. Once you finish these prerequisites, it’s just as simple as stated above to get the generator going again.
Make sure your patient and this process will become second nature in no time.
Time needed: 5 minutes.
How to Start Generators in Last of Us 2:
- Press triangle to start the crank.
Some generators require you to fill them up with gas or plug in an electrical cord first.
- Once the triangle starts to head back to its point of origin at the bottom of the ring, press triangle.
- Do this three times to start it up.
Messing up at all resets the process.
That is everything you need to know about how to start generators in Last of Us 2. For more tips, tricks, and guides, check out our official guides wiki.
- 5 Unanswered Questions We Still Have After Finishing The Last of Us 2 (Spoilers)
- 3 Things to Do After Beating The Last of Us 2
- The Last of Us 2 Guide Wiki
- How Long The Last of Us 2 Takes to Beat & All Chapters List
- The Last of Us 2 Preload & Unlock Times