Fortnite’s ‘The Device’ event took place last night after being delayed numerous times, and the viewing numbers were, as expected, huge.
The official Fortnite Twitter account announced late last night that the ‘The Device’ event had reached its 12 million in-game capacity, with another 8.4 million people logging into streams on YouTube and Twitch to watch the event play out live.
Unfortunately, a number of players were very disappointed to have missed out on experiencing the event first-hand themselves. Despite Epic Games advising players to join a lobby 30 minutes prior to The Device’s 2pm ET start time, players were unable to get into a lobby at this time, and one minute later, Epic Games tweeted that the event had reached maximum capacity.
As Epic mentions in the first tweet above, it’s aiming to further improve its services so more players can experience it for themselves in the future. Even with large numbers of players unable to watch the event for themselves, Fortnite’s ‘The Device’ event continues to highlight the game’s popularity around the world.
Fortnite’s new season, Chapter 2 Season 3, will begin on Wednesday, June 17 on all platforms. Be sure to check back with Twinfinite for plenty of guides, tips, tricks and opinions.
- Fortnite Aquaman Week 3 Challenge: How to Catch Different Types of Fish
- Fortnite Season 3 Week 3 Challenge Guide
- Fortnite Floating Rings Locations: Where to Collect Floating Rings at Lazy Lake
- Fortnite Rickety Rig Crane Location: Where to Dance on Top of Crane at Rickety Rig
- Fortnite: Save the World Leaves Early Access; Ends Plans for Free-To-Play