If you’re looking to get the big boys of the angling world in Animal Crossing New Horizons, you’re going to need to catch a bunch of sharks. One of these is the Saw Shark, which is easily recognizable for its long sword-like nose. If you’re looking to add it to Blathers’ museum, or just to complete your Critterpedia, this Animal Crossing New Horizons Saw Shark guide has you covered with everything you need to know.
Saw Shark Seasonality & Spawn Times
The Saw Shark can only be caught between the hours of 4:00 PM and 9:00 AM. It will only show up in the waters around your island during certain months. These are:
- Northern Hemisphere: June – September
- Southern Hemisphere: December – March
Catching the Saw Shark in Animal Crossing New Horizons
As long as you’re playing the game during the months and times noted above, simply follow the below steps to catch a Saw Shark in Animal Crossing New Horizons:
- Equip your fishing rod
- Go to the Pier or Beaches of your island
- Look for any giant shadows with a fin sticking out of the water. Use Fishing Bait if you need to attract rare fish.
- Press A to cast your line near to the fish shadow.
- Press A again once the fish has bitten and pulled your float underwater to reel it in.
If you’re struggling to catch a Saw Shark with the steps above on your island, try using the Nook Miles Tickets to visit a Mystery Island. You can sometimes have far better luck with catching fish and insects on these islands than yours.
Saw Shark Sell Price
The Saw Shark can be sold at Nook’s Cranny for 12,000 Bells. Keep in mind that if you use the Drop-Off Box when the shop is closed, you’ll receive less as Timmy and Tommy take a fee for the service.
If CJ is visiting your island, you can sell it to him for 18,000 Bells.
- Disney’s Hercules Song Zero to Hero Recreated via Animal Crossing New Horizons
- Animal Crossing New Horizons User Adorably Re-Creates Rainbow Road
- Animal Crossing New Horizons Update Is Bringing Back Festivale
- UK Sales: Animal Crossing New Horizons Beats Ghost of Tsushima; TLOU2 Drops out of Top 10
- Furifu, Japanese Kimono Company, Releases 10 Yukata Designs For Animal Crossing New Horizons