The Gar may look very similar to the Giant Snakehead (link to previous guide here), but it has its own entry in your Critterpedia and that means that it’s yet another fish to add to Blathers’ museum too. In this Animal Crossing New Horizons Gar guide, we’ll talk you through how to catch one, when it shows up, and how much it sells for.
Gar Seasonality & Spawn Times
The Gar can only be caught between the hours of 4:00 PM and 9:00 AM. The Gar will only show up during particular months depending on the hemisphere of your island. We’ve listed the Gar’s monthly seasonality below:
- Northern Hemisphere: June – September
- Southern Hemisphere: December – March
Catching the Gar in Animal Crossing New Horizons
As long as you’re playing New Horizons between the months noted above, simply follow the steps below to catch a Gar.
- Make sure you’re playing the game between 4:00 PM and 9:00 AM.
- Equip your fishing rod and go to the pond on your island.
- Look for a huge fish shadow in the water. Use Fishing Bait to make a random fish spawn if one doesn’t on its own.
- Press A to cast your rod and get it as close to the fish shadow’s head as possible.
- Press A again when the fish bites and pulls your float underwater to reel it in.
Congratulations, you’ve just caught a Gar!
Gar Sell Price
The Gar can be sold to Timmy and Tommy at Nook’s Cranny for 6,000 Bells.
It can also be sold to CJ when he visits your town for 9,000 Bells, as he buys fish at a special, increased price.
- Animal Crossing New Horizons: How to Get All Turkey Day DIY Recipes
- Animal Crossing New Horizons: All Turkey Day Secret Ingredients
- Animal Crossing New Horizons: How to Start Turkey Day
- Animal Crossing New Horizons: How to Get the Yule Log
- Animal Crossing New Horizons: How to Increase Item Storage