Despite its name, the Giant Snakehead in Animal Crossing New Horizons is actually one of the many fish you can catch. Whether you’re looking to make big Bells from your angling hobby or are just filling out your Critterpedia and Blathers’ museum in the process, you’ll want to know how to catch the Giant Snakehead in Animal Crossing New Horizons. This guide is here to talk you through all you need to know.
Catching the Giant Snakehead in Animal Crossing New Horizons
As with many fish in New Horizons, the Giant Snakehead will only show up during certain months. These months vary depending on the hemisphere of your island. We’ve listed these months for each hemisphere below:
- Northern Hemisphere: June – August
- Southern Hemisphere: December – February
To catch the Giant Snakehead, make sure you’re fishing during the months listed above. As long as you are, make your way to any Pond on your island. The Giant Snakehead can be caught in the pond between the hours of 9am and 4pm.
It has a large shadow, so ignore any small shadow fish as it’s not what you’re looking for.
Giant Snakehead Sell Price
The Giant Snakehead can be sold at Nook’s Cranny for 5,500 Bells to Timmy or Tommy. Keep in mind that if you use the Drop-Off box just outside the shop that it’ll sell for less as a fee is taken for the convenience of this feature.
If CJ is visiting your island, you’ll be able to sell it for an additional 50%, taking the total up to 8,250 Bells.
That’s it for how to catch the Giant Snakehead in Animal Crossing: New Horizons. For more tips, tricks, and guides, head over to our wiki, search for Twinfinite, or check out more of our coverage on Nintendo’s life sim below.
- Animal Crossing New Horizons: All New December Fish & Bugs You Can Catch
- Animal Crossing New Horizons: How to Catch a Dung Beetle
- Animal Crossing New Horizons: How to Get Puppies (Puppy Plushies)
- Animal Crossing New Horizons: How to Get All Turkey Day DIY Recipes
- Animal Crossing New Horizons: All Turkey Day Secret Ingredients