Today Electronic Arts is celebrating Star Wars Day with a brand new update to Star Wars: Jedi Fallen Order by Respawn Entertainment.
The update is free and brings several new elements to the game including the “New Journey +” option (which is basically a New Game +), challenges, and cosmetics.
You can check out the trailer below.
Below you can read a list of the new elements coming with the update.
“We sincerely hope you enjoy this surprise update to Star Wars Jedi: Fallen Order. Respawn has been working hard (from home) on this update, but we want you to know we’re still listening to your feedback. Should you run into any issues, please let us know!”
- New Journey + added
- Unlocked after beating the game
- All cosmetic unlocks are carried over
- All lightsaber colours are available from the start
- Exclusive dark side-themed cosmetics available in NJ+
- Inquisitor uniform
- Protection and Defence I & II lightsaber parts
- Red kyber crystal
- Meditation Training game modes added as part of NJ+
- Combat Challenges
- Wave-based game modes to fight against preset enemies
- Battle Grid
- Sandbox-style game mode for players to make their own encounters
- Cosmetic rewards for BD-1
- Combat Challenges
- Button-mashing quick-time events can now be skipped
- Needing to hold the Climb button can now be disabled
- Holding a button to confirm/interact with something can be changed to a button press
- Text size scaling options have been added
Bug Fixes and Tweaks
- Improved transitions between parry and block animations
- The Bog Rats on Bogano were sometimes floating. They should now be more grounded.
- Improved the transitions into and out of jumping and double jumping
- Fixed the issue where Cal could get stuck in an endless falling loop during air attacks
- Fixed the issue that would prevent Cal from progressing his journey when a Bounty Hunter would show up
- Improved overall responsiveness of gameplay and the reliability of actions based on player feedback
Star Wars: Jedi Fallen Order is currently available for PS4, Xbox One, and PC, and you can read our review.