With Season 4 due to arrive in just a couple of weeks, Infinity Ward has released a new Modern Warfare update which adds a variety of new content to the multiplayer and Warzone modes.
It is out now on all systems and is pretty big. On PS4, our update was nearly 22BG in size, so you’ll need a decent amount of free space to download it. If you want to see the full patch notes, you can check them out on Infinity Ward’s website, but we’ll run you through the highlights for each mode down below.
Modern Warfare Update – Multiplayer Changes & Additions
- New Gunfight Map, Aisle 9, added
- New Multiplayer Map, Hardhat, added
- New playlist options added (Realism Moshpit with NVG, Reinfected Ground War, Core Ground War, Blueprint Gunfight, Aisle 9 Face Off Moshpit, Hard Hat 24/7)
- Various bug fixes
- Various weapon changes, including reduction in effectiveness of Renetti
Warzone Update Changes
- Added Armor Box, which can be bought from Buy Stations or found as loot – resupplies entire team’s armor reserves.
- Brought Most Wanted contracts back, now only lasting for three minutes rather than five
- New weapons and blueprints added to floor and crate loot
- Now it’s ARs and SMGs only in Gulag
- Fixed prominent issue of lobby chat cutting out mid-game
- Reduced the RPG kill radius for players with full armor
- Final circle now moves around
- Various bug fixes
Infinity Ward also concluded the patch notes with a mysterious message: “Number station <redacted> is Protocol Yellow. Activate <redacted> system. <redacted> is inbound. Awaiting correct authorization,” which may be about the bunker doors and keycards that have been appearing around the map recently.
Of course, the new additions are subject to further changes, as they have been in previous updates. You can download it right now.
- Call of Duty: Modern Warfare and Warzone Update Reduces File Size
- SuperData: Call of Duty: Modern Warfare Tops 2020’s Highest-Earning Premium Digital Games
- Modern Warfare’s Haunting of Verdansk Event Is Exactly What Warzone Needs More Of
- Modern Warfare’s Haunting of Verdansk Begins Tomorrow, Bringing Night Mode to Warzone
- New Call of Duty: Modern Warfare Update Brings Fixes and Nerfs To Newest Weapons