Following the success of last year’s Resident Evil 2 remake, Capcom has been quick to capitalize on the series’ resurgence in popularity, and have pushed out a remake of yet another classic game: Resident Evil 3. The game puts players back in the shoes of S.T.A.R.S agent Jill Valentine as she attempts to escape Nemesis and the T-Virus outbreak in Raccoon City. Here’s what you need to know about the S Rank times and requirements in Resident Evil 3.
S Rank Times and Requirements in Resident Evil 3
Just like in past games in the series, you’ll be given a grade at the end of your playthrough in Resident Evil 3. The better you do, the higher your grade will be. And similar to the RE2 remake from last year, the determining factors for how well you do are basically just the time in which you completed the game, and how many times you saved your game over the course of the playthrough.
The faster you beat the game, and the less you rely on the typewriter, the better your grade is.
That said, here’s what you need to know for getting S Rank in Resident Evil 3:
- Assisted: 2:30:00 clear time, 5 saves
- Standard: 2:00:00 clear time, 5 saves
- Hardcore: 1:45:00 clear time, 5 saves
At the time of writing, it’s not entirely clear whether there is an S+ rank that you can achieve. In Resident Evil 2, the hidden requirement for S+ was that you could only save your game a maximum of three times, but since the allowed save count is stated in Resident Evil 3, that certainly won’t be the determining factor for S+.
In addition to that, since you’re able to unlock most of the infinite weapons in the shop with points you’ve accumulated, it’s also not clear whether there are additional unlockables for beating the game’s Hardcore difficulty with an S Rank. We’ll update this guide with more info as it comes our way.
- Capcom Plans to Release “Multiple Major” Games This Fiscal Year; Resident Evil 3 Has Shipped 2.5 Million Units
- 5 Best Resident Evil 3 Remake Mods You Need to Try
- A Beginner’s Guide to Resident Evil 3 Speedrunning
- Resident Evil 3’s Inferno Difficulty Has Been Beaten With No Damage Taken & No Infinite Ammo
- Resident Evil 2 vs. Resident Evil 3: Which Is the Better Remake?