The next chapter in Capcom’s beloved survival horror franchise has been remade, and this time it’s set to reintroduce one of its most iconic antagonists. Resident Evil 3 Remake tells the tale of Jill Valentine and Carlos Oliveira’s escape from Raccoon City as they’re hounded by the terrifying and tireless Nemesis.
The over-the-shoulder perspective returns from last year’s Resident Evil 2 Remake, and this time there’s also a new dash mechanic. This, in combination with more frequent enemies and ammunition, puts a greater focus on action.
Although, it never overdoes things. This is still a survival horror experience, and thanks to the sumptuous RE Engine, top-notch visuals and high overall production value, you can look forward to a properly spooky game.
But if things do get too much then you’ve at least got Twinfinite’s wiki guide to help you through. Here you’ll find information on the Resident Evil 3 Remake’s many puzzles, item locations, and secrets, as well as some handy tips and tricks to get the most out of the game.
Resident Evil 3 Guides, Tips, Tricks & General Info
Here, our extensive wiki guide will provide useful information on both games so that you’re as well prepared as possible to take out Nemesis and escape Raccoon City, with or without your friends.
Is our Resident Evil 3 Remake wiki missing an answer to a question you have? Sound off in the comments below and we’ll do our best to get you an answer as soon as possible.
- Release Date: April 4, 2020
- Developer: Capcom
- Publisher: Capcom
- Platforms: PS4, Xbox One, PC
Looking for general information about Resident Evil 3 Remake? This is the section you’ll want to check out. It covers everything from how much the game costs, and whether there’s multiplayer, through to whether or not the game is enhanced for PS4 Pro and Xbox One.
- Is It PS4 Pro & Xbox One X Enhanced? Answered
- Is There a Difficulty Achievement & Trophy? Answered
- What the Preload & Unlock Times Are
- What the Download & Install Size Is
- How to Redeem Preorder DLC
- Are There Cheats? Answered
- How Long Resident Evil 3 Remake Takes to Beat
- Resident Evil 3 Controls Guide
A self-explanatory section that’ll guide you through all of the basics to help you get to grips with Resident Evil 3. How to save, change difficulty, and more is explained here.
- How to Change Difficulty
- How to Save Your Game
- How to Skip Cutscenes & Dialogue
- How to Heal Your Health
- How to Melee
- How to Get More Ammo
- What the Wooden Crates Are
- How to Change Clothes & Get More Outfits
- Is There New Game Plus? Answered
- Can You Play as Carlos? Answered
- Can You Go Back to the RPD? Answered
- Beginner Tips & Tricks
- Resident Evil 3 Hardcore Tips
- Resident Evil 3 Nightmare Difficulty: How to Unlock, What’s Different
Puzzle Solutions & Tips
While Resident Evil 3 Remake cuts back on the number of puzzles in comparison both to last year’s remake and the original game, there are still one or two brain-teasers that might give you trouble. Here you’ll find handy solutions to all of them.
- How to Put the Fire Out (Fire Hose)
- What the Downtown Safe Code Is (Aqua Cure)
- Subway Station Route Puzzle Guide
- What the Men’s Locker Room Dial Lock Combination Is
- Police Station 1F West Office Safe Code Combination
- What the 3F Dial Lock Code Is
- What the Hospital Safe Code Is (Nurses Station)
- Vaccine Puzzle Solution
A feature of the quintessential Resident Evil experience that definitely does remain in-tact is the focus on key items. To open locked doors, lockers, padlocks, and important areas of the map you’ll need these important items along the way. Finding them isn’t as obtuse as RE games of old, but it’s still tricky.
- How to Get Bolt Cutters
- How to Get the Lockpick
- How to Open Yellow Locks
- All Jewel Locations for Monument (Fancy Box)
- How to Open Storage Boxes in the Police Station
- Staff Room Key & Hospital ID Card Locations
- Where the Hospital Lock Pick Is
- How to Get the Audiocassette Tape
- All Hip Pouch Locations to Increase Inventory Size
- How to Get the Shotgun
- Where to Get the Grenade Launcher
- How to Get the Magnum
- All Weapon Upgrade Locations
In case you hadn’t worked it out already, Nemesis is no joke. This flame-thrower wielding search and destroy monstrosity is like a biological terminator. You’ll find our best tips on how to take both he and the other notable nasties out in Resident Evil 3 Remake.
Secrets & Spoilers
Since Resident Evil 2 and 3 take place at the same time, the two games are intertwined with a bunch of easter eggs. Additionally, there are a number of hidden secrets pertaining to other RE games tucked away in the nooks of Raccoon City. Here you’ll find their locations.
Resident Evil Resistance
Resident Evil 3 Nemesis was lauded for its The Mercenaries mini-game, but that’s been replaced by something completely different for the remake. Called Resistance, it’s a 4v1 multiplayer co-op game in which four “Survivors” try to escape the clutches of a single “Mastermind.” Here are our best tips for success regardless of which role you’re playing.