Despite current COVID-19 concerns, Penny Arcade has posted a blog update today to confirm that the yearly video game convention, PAX West, is still on for the first week of September.
Here’s the post in full:
Hey there! We hope you’re staying safe and healthy in these uncertain times.
We tend to be pretty quiet this time of year, but since we’ve had some questions from fans and exhibitors we wanted to let everyone know that as of this moment, we’re still planning on putting together a great PAX West this coming Labor Day Weekend (September 4th – 7th) for you, and we will be updating our website with more information on badges and hotel registration in the coming months.
Our first priority is always your safety, and that extends to issues of public health. As the year progresses, we will continue to monitor the situation and work with health officials at all levels of government, and intend to follow all CDC and WHO guidelines as they are released. That said, actions already taken by our convention center and local government have left us optimistic, and we will continue working with them to make sure we take the correct steps throughout the summer.
We look forward to welcoming you home as we always have, but until then – may you give Tom Nook a run for his money, and may Sephiroth stand defeated in your wake.
PAX West takes place in Seattle, Washington and features a bustling expo hall over the course of four days that is packed with video game developers/publishers showing off their new titles to fans.
There are also plenty of panels each day with rooms that can fit hundreds of people inside of them, along with performances, tournaments, game rooms, and much more.
- 6 Best Indie Games From PAX East 2020 to Keep on Your Radar
- CD Projekt Red No Longer Attending PAX East Due to Coronavirus Concerns
- Nintendo Is Bringing an Animal Crossing: New Horizons Demo to PAX East Alongside an “Immersive Booth Experience”
- Boston Mayor Asks Sony To Reconsider PAX East Attendance Cancellation Due to Coronavirus Outbreak
- Square Enix Canceling Some Final Fantasy XIV and XI Events at PAX East Due to Coronavirus Outbreak