Borderlands 3’s new event Revenge of the Cartels certainly isn’t shy about bringing in the big guns. Pun aside, it’s nice to have new legendary weapons added outside of DLC. The only problem is that there is a time frame for earning these, so it’s better to start farming early. Here’s how to get the Iceburger Legendary Shotgun in Borderlands 3 Revenge of the Cartels including stats and perks.
How to Get the Iceburger Legendary Shotgun in Borderlands 3 Revenge of the Cartels
This legendary is not as possible to directly farm as other similar weapons as it doesn’t have a direct drop. The first one that dropped for us was found off of one of the minibosses paired up with Joey Ultraviolet during the boss fight at the end of the Revenge of the Cartels: Ultraviolet Nights quest.
Starting the quest only requires you to complete a task Maurice has for you and once you have and are given access to the Villa Ultraviolet area you only need to follow the quest to the end. The boss fight is unmissable and you can’t complete the mission without defeating Joey Ultraviolet.
Also worth noting that it’s worth putting your game on Mayhem 1-3 just to enhance drops. It’s more than likely you’ll find the Iceburger on badasses in the VIlla Ultraviolet area.
Stats and Perks
Don’t be fooled by the appearance, the Iceburger isn’t a regular Hyperion shotgun or even Hyperion in general. This shotgun fires a laser, a single beam. With this beam come explosive burgers that shoot off from the bottom of the beam so when you’re standing above an enemy, they make useful mortar shots.
The one drawback is that the burgers firing do cause a slight tremor on launch, causing a little recoil, but not enough to make the shotgun unusable.
Despite the “ice” in the name, the shotgun will always be incendiary.
Time needed: 10 minutes.
A quick summary for getting an Iceburger:
- Progress the Revenge of the Cartels: Ultraviolet Nights quest to the end. (Set your game to Mayhem 1-3 if you are comfortable enough, the added drop rate will help)
- Fight Joey Ultraviolet, he and his minibosses during the fight have a good chance to drop it.
- If not, farm the boss fight or fight badasses around the Villa Ultraviolet area.
There you have it, how to get the Iceburger Legendary Shotgun in Borderlands 3 Revenge of the Cartels.
- Borderlands 3 Couch Co-Op Returns With 4-Player Split-Screen on PS5 and Xbox Series X
- Borderlands 3: Season Pass 2 Kicks Off With Sizzle Reel Showing New Skill Trees
- Borderlands 3 Season 2 Introduces New Designer & Director’s Cut Game Modes
- Borderlands 3 Next-Gen Upgrade Set to Launch Day-and-Date With New Consoles
- Borderlands 3’s Latest Hotfix Preps Game for Bloody Harvest Event