It’s finally here, Vault Hunters, Borderlands 3’s Mayhem 2.0 mode has released. I am sure everyone is itching to get their way into the new tough mode and fight their way to the new loot, but maybe you aren’t sure where to go to kick it off? Here’s how to start Mayhem 2.0 in Borderlands 3.
How to Start Mayhem 2.0 in Borderlands 3
This time around, Mayhem Mode isn’t limited to Sanctuary. This means you no longer have to trek to Sanctuary in order to increase, decrease, or disable Mayhem Mode.
With the new Mayhem 2.0, everything can be controlled from the ECHO menu. You will see a new menu tab in between Guardian Ranks and Events, this is the Mayhem menu. Scroll down, toggle Mayhem Mode to on, set the Mayhem level, and then hit apply. There are currently 10 Mayhem levels.
The game warns you “making changes to Mayhem Mode outside of Sanctuary 3 will prompt a reload of the current Zone.” This is because no matter which way you move the Mayhem Level, you’re adding or subtracting modifiers and changing enemy health, so the game needs to right itself.
The automatic area reload is no different than when you first load into an area. Your current Mayhem level can be found in an icon under the XP bar in your HUD.
The only thing you might have to fiddle with is getting the modifiers to a place you are comfortable with.
Time needed: 1 minute.
To summarize How to Start Mayhem 2.0
- Open your ECHO menu in-game.
- Move to tab after Guardian Ranks.
- Once on the Mayhem Mode tab, scroll down to turn it on and set level, make sure to press apply. If you’re not in Sanctuary, the area will automatically reset to reflect your changes.
- Jack Black Is Set to Voice Claptrap in Upcoming Borderlands Movie
- Tales From the Borderlands Is Coming Back to Storefronts Next Week
- Borderlands 3 Director’s Cut Gets Release Date; New Features Detailed
- Jamie Lee Curtis to Join the Cast of the Borderlands Movie Adaptation
- Take-Two Teases Unannounced Games by Gearbox; Will Continue to Publish Borderlands Franchise