Animal Crossing New Horizons is easily one of the most eagerly anticipated video game releases of 2020, and it’s finally out in the wild. Since the game’s launch, Nintendo has been supporting it with updates, and the latest event players will get to enjoy is called Nature Day. Here’s how to get Windflowers in Animal Crossing New Horizons.
Getting Windflowers in Animal Crossing New Horizons
Where to Buy
On every island in Animal Crossing New Horizons, you’ll get a native flower. You can check what your native flower is by ascending the cliffs of your island with a ladder. You’ll also be able to buy seeds for it from Timmy and Tommy and Nook’s Cranny. Their stock will rotate occasionally, and you might be able to purchase non-native seeds, but your chances are pretty unlikely.
How to Find
Thankfully, there are other ways to get Windflowers if those aren’t your native flower. The first method is by checking out mystery islands with Nook Miles Tickets, and you’ll be able to shovel up flowers and bring them home with you.
The second method is by visiting other players’ islands and getting them from friends, or doing a trade. Alternatively, you can make use of the latest update to try to get some Windflowers.
With the latest free update, the NPC Leif will now occasionally show up at your island to sell shrub starters and rare seeds. Just like Nook’s Cranny, his stock rotates as well, so even if you don’t get Windflowers your first try, you might be able to purchase them the next time he visits.
Just like all other flower types in Animal Crossing New Horizons, Windflowers are used for beautifying your island and making it prettier, and this can help increase your island rating. In addition to that, they can also breed hybrids.
Breeding Hybrid Windflowers
Windflower hybrids can be bred on your island if you have the right color combinations as well, and we’ve listed them below. Do note the difference between “seed” and “hybrid.” Seed simply means that the plants must have been grown from seeds bought from stores and NPCs, while hybrids are reproduced flowers.
- Pink: Seed Orange + Seed Red or Hybrid Pink + Hybrid Blue
- Blue: Seed White + Seed White
- Red: Hybrid Pink + Hybrid Blue or Seed Red + Hybrid Blue
- Purple: Hybrid Red + Hybrid Red or Hybrid Red + Hybrid Pink or Hybrid Pink + Hybrid Pink
In addition to that, we’ve also included a graphic down below to indicate the best way to plant your Windflowers if you’re looking to get the hybrids efficiently. Credit to BackwardsN and peach-n-key.
That’s all you need to know about how to get Windflowers in Animal Crossing New Horizons. Be sure to check our guide wiki for more tips and information on the game.
- Disney’s Hercules Song Zero to Hero Recreated via Animal Crossing New Horizons
- Animal Crossing New Horizons User Adorably Re-Creates Rainbow Road
- Animal Crossing New Horizons Update Is Bringing Back Festivale
- UK Sales: Animal Crossing New Horizons Beats Ghost of Tsushima; TLOU2 Drops out of Top 10
- Furifu, Japanese Kimono Company, Releases 10 Yukata Designs For Animal Crossing New Horizons