Doom Eternal might feature breathtaking action and more demon smashing than you can shake a stick at. However, most of the combat sections are split up by platforming parts, which see you leap between parts of the map. So that you don’t fall to your death, here’s everything you need to know about how to climb and grab walls in Doom Eternal.
Thankfully, while they can be a little tricky sometimes, the platforming sections are well signposted. With the green lights that always mark the way, and the white walls that can be climbed, it’s hard to get completely lost.
How to Climb & Grab Walls in Doom Eternal
When you actually come across the white walls, which you’ll be able to see in the screenshot down below, you’ll need to grab onto it to continue through the level.
You’ll need to use X to jump or double jump over to them and then there are actually two ways to grab onto them.
The basic one is to just press the R3 button, which is also used for melee. That will just see you grab onto it. However, you need to be quite close to the wall to grab it lie that.
My preferred option is to press circle on PS4 (B on Xbox One) to dash onto the wall. When dashing at a wall, you’ll grab onto it automatically, so you don’t have to quickly press R3 when you’re right next to it.
Circle/B is easy to press quickly after jumping and it allows you to try and grab it from further away. In the end though, which ever option feels better to you works fine.
|Doom Eternal Platform||Grab Walls Button|
|PlayStation 4||Circle to Dash or R3 to Grab|
|Xbox One||B to Dash or R3 to Grab|
- Xbox Game Pass Adds Control, Doom Eternal, and More in December
- Doom Eternal Adds New Master Level: Super Gore Nest; Will Come to Xbox Game Pass PC Soon
- Doom Eternal Is Coming to Switch Next Week, New Trailer Reveals
- Doom Eternal The Ancient Gods Part One’s Epic Launch Trailer Hypes the Mayhem
- Cyberpunk 2077, Ghost of Tsushima, Atelier Ryza, Doom Eternal & Plenty More Figures Revealed by Good Smile