Battle Royale is once again coming to Call of Duty, and this time it is called Warzone. Like Blackout before it, Modern Warfare’s Warzone mode sees players engage in a massive battle for survival — this time in a sprawling map that supports up to 150 players. It’s a multiplayer mode that’s sure to prove hugely popular across all platforms. But what happens if you and your buddies aren’t on the same platform? Here is what you need to know about whether Call of Duty Warzone is crossplay.
Is Call of Duty Warzone Crossplay? Answered
Players will be relieved to learn that yes, Call of Duty Warzone does support crossplay across all platforms. That means players on PS4, Xbox One, and PC will all be able to play against each other as standard.
Our source is Activision’s own blog post, which confirms the functionality with the following note:
“Call of Duty: Warzone shares Call of Duty: Modern Warfare’s crossplay and unified progression. For players that already own the full version of Modern Warfare, all content already earned including Battle Pass items, Operators, weapons and customization items will carry over to Warzone, and all progression earned in Warzone will counts toward overall Modern Warfare progression.”
Warzone is a free mode that will be available for all players when it goes live later today, first as a brief Early Access, and then later in full at 3 p.m. EDT, March 10.
That wraps up this guide and should give you everything you need to know about whether Call of Duty Warzone is crossplay. For more useful tips and information on the game, do check out Twinfinite’s extensive guide wiki.
We have listed below some related content you may find helpful.
- Meet the Voice Actors of Modern Warfare’s Voice Cast
- Is There a Difficulty Achievement & Trophy? Answered
- How Many Players Can Play Splitscreen Multiplayer? Answered
- How Long Modern Warfare 2 Remastered Campaign Is & How Many Missions There Are
- Call of Duty Warzone: How to Ping Enemies
- CoD: Modern Warfare 2 Remastered Trailer Is Typically Explosive; PS4 Launch is Today
- SuperData: Digital Spending $9.2 Billion in Feb; Call of Duty & CS: GO Earn Big
- Call of Duty Modern Warfare’s Warzone Hits 30 Million Players in 10 Days