Fishing is one of many things you can do in Animal Crossing New Horizons to pass the time and earn some bells. However, it’s not as simple as throwing out a line and hoping for the best. If you’re trying to fill out Blathers’ museum with everything you can, here’s everything you need to know about how to get Stringfish in Animal Crossing New Horizons.
Just as is the case with most other fish in the game, you need to fish in certain circumstances to try and catch a Stringfish. Things like location on your island, time of the day, and weather can affect what you’re able to catch.
How to Get Stringfish in Animal Crossing New Horizons
The first thing to know is that Stringfish can only be caught between December and March, meaning that it cannot be found at all for most of the year. If you’re playing by the rules and aren’t skipping time at all, you should be able to find one at the time of this guide’s writing.
Then, you’ll need to go out fishing in Animal Crossing New Horizons between 4 pm and 9 am to catch a Stringfish. It is an afternoon and overnight creature, so early morning fishing isn’t going to provide the goods.
Also, you’ll need to go to the river sections at the top of cliffs. You’ll need to get your hands on a ladder to get up there, but that’s not too difficult. Until you’re able to do that, you won’t be able to catch a Stringfish, as it’s not available from the ocean or lower pools/river.
You’ll also need to throw out some bait into where you’re fishing as it is a large shadow fish. If you’ve managed to catch one, you’ll be able to donate it to Blathers or sell it for 15,000 bells.
Time needed: 5 minutes.
In short, you need to fish under these circumstances to get Stringfish in Animal Crossing New Horizons:
- Between December and March
- Between 4 pm and 9 am
- In the River sections at the top of the cliff
- Disney’s Hercules Song Zero to Hero Recreated via Animal Crossing New Horizons
- Animal Crossing New Horizons User Adorably Re-Creates Rainbow Road
- Animal Crossing New Horizons Update Is Bringing Back Festivale
- UK Sales: Animal Crossing New Horizons Beats Ghost of Tsushima; TLOU2 Drops out of Top 10
- Furifu, Japanese Kimono Company, Releases 10 Yukata Designs For Animal Crossing New Horizons