There are a number of new features that have made their way into Fortnite Chapter 2 Season 2. One of which is the arrival of Vaults, that contain a bunch of rare weapons and an XP Boost that you’re most definitely going to want to get your hands on. Here’s how to open Vaults in Fortnite.
Opening Vaults in Fortnite
First things first, you’re going to want to make sure you land at any of the new named locations in Chapter 2 Season 2 as only these locations have Vaults in them.
You can find a Vault in the following named locations:
- The Grotto
- The Yacht
- The Agency
- The Shark
- The Oil Rig
Once you land at any of these locations, head inside and get exploring. When you’re inside, you’ll find a number of AI-controlled Henchman. Defeating these nets you items, but you’re looking for a Henchman with a King/ Crown symbol above his head, like so.
Defeat this enemy and they’ll drop a keycard item, as well as a Mythic Weapon. The name of this will depend on the named location you’re currently in. For us, it was the Grotto Keycard. Pick it up and you’ll then be directed to the Vault by a dotted line.
Just next to the Vault door you’ll find a little terminal. With the Keycard in-hand, interact with this terminal to open the vault door.
Once inside, you’ll find an XP Boost and chest, as well as larger supply boxes that can be searched for other items and ammo. You can then use the porta potty in the corner of the room to make an escape out of there.
That’s all you need to know to open the vaults in Fortnite. For more tips, tricks, and guides, be sure to check out our ever-expanding guide wiki, or check out more on Fortnite below.
- Fortnite’s Radio Stations Are Being Interrupted by a Mysterious Message
- Horizon Zero Dawn’s Aloy Is Coming to Fortnite With Her Own LTM (Updated)
- Fortnite 16.20 Update Adds New Bows, Vehicle Mods & Princess Fishstick Skin
- Fortnite Chapter 2 Season 5’s Event Was a Reminder of Just How Far the Game’s Come
- Square Enix Celebrates Tomb Raider Anniversary with Survivor Trilogy Bundle, Fortnite Crossover, & Cookbook